(transparency and glass effects) of Win 7 is definitely a cool one to have in your PC's desktop screen! Plus! The security features they have included in Windows 7 does minimize possible intrusions of malware.
But just like any other operating system, this version also has some minor glitches. One thing I hate about this OS is its file management tools. It sometimes doesn't work properly especially when I am transferring large bits of data like game ISOs (ripped game data from DVDs) and HD movie files as big as 4 gigabytes and up. Sometimes, the transfer or copying procedure will take about an hour with file size that big. And if you're not lucky because of some unlikely system malfunction, the file copy transferring icon dialog box will keep looping forever (no one knows how long it will take) and the only way to get rid of it is to cancel the process from the task manager or worse! Pressing on the reset switch of your PC just to stop the now frozen program and start all over again.
I found this cool third-party app over the web and it will transform your file management tasks as easy as you want it to be without the fear of a possible lock-up even after accidentally hitting on the cancel button.
Teracopy, as they call it, can be used to substitute Windows' file management tools. Though it does not carry a similar file transferring icon of that of Win 7's yet it will give you better control on how you transfer or copy your files to your disk drives or to other external storage devices.
One feature I like most is it's ability to transfer boulders of file data. No matter how big it is. You can even pause and resume the copying of your files whenever you want to which you cannot do with Window's built-in file manager. Managed files can also be verified to assure that you have copied a valid file before deleting it from its previous location. It's file verification feature does prevent those CRC (cyclic rendundancy check) errors.
This tool can also take batches of file you want to be transferred or copied to another location. You can have the liberty of have them waiting in queue or have them simultaneously done.
Definitely, Teracopy has justified it's name and this is one smart app that you might want to have on your PC.
To get the latest copy of the software, please click on this link Teracopy file download.
Alternate download link: Teracopy via 4shared
or visit Code Sector for more information.
Features of Teracopy:
- Copy files faster. TeraCopy uses dynamically adjusted buffers to reduce seek times. Asynchronous copy speeds up file transfer between two physical hard drives.
- Pause and resume file transfers. Pause copy process at any time to free up system resources and continue with a single click.
- Error recovery. In case of copy error, TeraCopy will try several times and in the worse case just skip the file, not terminating the entire transfer.
- Interactive file list. TeraCopy shows failed file transfers and lets you fix the problem and recopy only problem files.
- Shell integration. TeraCopy can completely replace Explorer copy and move functions, allowing you work with files as usual.
- Full Unicode support.
- Windows 8 x64 support.
|Courtesy of fileforumbetanews.com|
|Right click context menu|
|Optional parameters for Teracopy|