Sunday, 13 November 2011

My top-PC Games of all-time

If premium gaming websites (gamespot and IGN) have their own list of the best “PC” games in the planet, I do have a list of my own.

These are some of the games that kept me wide awake till the wee hours in the morning straight from my own collection: (These are in no particular order) 



  1. COD: Black Ops. (7th entry in the block-buster shooting franchise). Though the story is relatively short, the game still presents action-packed sequences and a big finishing twist. Most of the time I caught myself watching the cut scenes without knowing I have to take part in it as well. 
  2. Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit. Promises a hell of racing action as you get the chance to drive the world’s best cars in the make-believe world of Sea Crest County and try to finish the race as rivals and police cars try to take you down. What’s cool about this game is the physics engine as you see debris and vehicle parts fly in full detail! 
  3. Deathspank: Thongs of Virtue. It is the comedic content that has brought me to play this game since the release of the Monkey Island series. Fun is much better when you get to laugh while you play. Immerse yourself in the absurd world of Deathspank! (who would think thongs would wield such power!)
  4. Diablo II. It still intrigues me the way Diablo (the first of the series) has caught my attention with their breath-taking cut scenes throughout the course of the game. The character customization and LAN multiplayer option is one reason that this game will forever be a top notch.
  5. Starcraft II: Wings of Liberty. The long wait has been justified with the release of this most anticipated sci-fi strategy game for 2010. Yet it carries the same set of battle units, the enhancements made the game more challenging. Not to mention the different pre-battle interfaces in every part of the campaign making it unique from its predecessor.
  6. Gears of War. Action packed, engaging game play and great storyline. No one could ever match the suspense of fighting alien life form using high-powered guns embedded with a chain-saw (Yeah! Extreme gore!) Not to mention the task of facing those massive alien monsters that can only be annihilated with a special weapon. (how convenient!)
  7. Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light. Apart from being a Lara Croft inspired game, I enjoyed playing it with my wife via the cooperative gameplay option. It uses an orthographic view which is far different from the previous Tomb Raider series yet still includes puzzles, quests and weapons that will help Lara in her treasure hunt. Now my wife understands why I love gaming that much. (De-stress!)
  8. Mass Effect Series. Being able to play as a captain for a star ship and travel among the stars throughout the universe is one thing I’ve dreamed of. This series has kept me in tow with it’s unique gameplay as you get to choose on how to progress through out the game. 
  9. Left 4 Dead. Nothing beats a game that involves zombies. Team play is what makes this game number one among peers and surviving the horror as you and your friends scream in fright makes it more exciting to play. (the cry of the witch gives me goose bumps!)
  10. Burnout Paradise. If other car racing games requires you to reach the finish line with just a few scratches, this one requires you to bump and crash your rivals as you reach your destination. That is why this game became a smashing hit! (takedown!)

For me it is the story that makes the game more compelling; the challenge, learning curve and game-play comes second; while eye-candy could be the least part of it.

More lists to come in the future. This is just part of my most beloved collection as a PC gamer.

2 comments:

Good thing there is Diablo 2 and Starcraft.. they are my old time faves... :D

I wonder if you played Pharaoh, Its the only game im playing till now :)

This is where all those online games started. If you haven't played Blizzard's games then you missed half of your life.

Never played Pharaoh before. I'll look into getting a review on that one.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...