Tuesday, 18 October 2011

Getting the best mobile device for my requirements

I've been longing to own myself a laptop though I already have a powerful desktop PC.

I have several reasons to support my desire to have another device on my hands.

First of all, it can greatly assist me in my work as a PC technician which I can bring anytime anywhere I want. I will have a lot of privileges when I get to carry a mobile PC whenever I do repair works outside. Just for the formatting tasks, I can use it to do back-ups of my clients' computer data especially when it is totally inaccessible. (A corrupted Operating System can sometimes be a problem when doing data recovery)

Second, since I no longer have a business to fund my tech expenses, laptops and netbooks can help me reduce my electrical costs. I'll no longer have to open my desktop PC for some Internet browsing and blog updates.

But before I was able to buy my own laptop, I had to sell all my computers from my closed Internet Shop. At least I had some cash to burn for this endeavor.


On my window shopping deed with my wife, we decided to get a netbook PC. Since our budget will be enough to buy a smaller gadget. As I have said, it will be used for some basic tasks.

There were so many brands and models to choose from that it difficult to decide which one to get. Only that freebies and offers may sometimes a deciding factor, mine is the price and hardware quality. MSI was eventually my chosen brand.

MSI has been one of the best PC parts manufacturer known for great quality and affordable cost. Though, I just settled for one of their entry level devices it seems it is quite packed with several pleasing features. U135DX was the MSI netbook model I got my hands on.

Some of the features I liked on this tech tool:
  • Well-ventilated case. They did a great job in providing ample air flow to keep the insides of this netbook always cool no matter how long you keep it running.
  • Compact and light-weight. Well all other netbooks have the same features but I think MSI's can be considered a honorable mention.
  • Power saving feature. MSI included a quick switch tool that you can toggle in between different power management profiles without the need of setting your own.
  • Low power usage. This guy runs on 40 watts while plugged in an outlet compared to a standard desktop PC which runs at 90 watts.
  • Latest technology. (well, not really the latest) But  at least it is still using the Atom based processor with the option to upgrade to 2 gigs (2GB) of memory. Still a possible contender with all other entry level netbooks.
The only downside of MSI products is the rarety of product offers and freebies (like optical external drives and credit card deferred payments). It took me a lot of time to find one that will offer me a good deal.

Here are the specs of the MSI U135DX:
  • Processor: Intel Atom N455 1.66 Ghz Single Core
  • Chipset: Intel NM10
  • RAM: 1GB DDR2 (up to 2GB supported)
  • Video: Onboard GMA3150 (mem share with system memory)
  • HDD: 250GB Sata 2.5"
  • Screen: 10" Wide LED panel
  • 802.11 b/g/ draft n
  • 0.3 Megapixel camera 
  • 10/100 LAN 
  • 3 x USB ports 
  • 1 x D-sub port 
  • Memory card reader - SD, MMC, MS, XD 
  • Operating system: None  (pwede n'yong palagyan - just buy orig OS)
  • AC power: 40 watts
Here are the pics. Enjoy!



Led Indicator lights
MSI Sticker
AC port, vent and 2 USB ports
USB port, SD Card, audio, VGA

MSI Logo on topside


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...